New Avon LLC Appoints Laurie Ann Goldman to Board of Managers
New Avon LLC (“Avon”) today announced Laurie Ann Goldman has joined the company’s Board of Managers, effective immediately.
Ms. Goldman is the founder and CEO of LA Ventures, an investment and advisory firm for growth-oriented, consumer-facing businesses. Laurie Ann specializes in strategy, branding, business development and process improvement in the areas of fashion, consumer products, digital marketing and technology. From 2002-2014, Laurie Ann was the CEO of Spanx, Inc. where she built the brand from a small start-up to a successful global business achieving the number one position in market and mind share.
Prior to Spanx, Laurie Ann held senior leadership roles in the Global Marketing division of Coca Cola. In addition to her board position at New Avon LLC, Laurie Ann currently sits on the boards of Guess? Inc., Joe and the Juice and ServiceMaster. Laurie Ann holds a Bachelor of Science from the Moody School of Communication at the University of Texas at Austin.
“Laurie Ann drove incredible success transforming a start-up into a global powerhouse brand. Her experience will be of great value to our team at Avon as we work to become the leading social selling beauty company in North America. We are excited to welcome her to our board,” said Scott White, Chief Executive Officer and member of the Board of New Avon LLC.
“Laurie Ann is a beacon of women’s leadership in the fashion and consumer products industries,” said Lori Bush, Chairwoman of the Board of New Avon LLC. “Her passion for our iconic consumer brand and, importantly, the empowerment of our hundreds of thousands of Avon Representatives, will be a great asset to our Board, and to Scott and his leadership team. I’m thrilled to welcome Laurie Ann to our New Avon LLC Board.”
“In a shopping world offering the magic of artificial intelligence and algorithm marketing, we also long for personalized experiences that only happen human-to-human. The beauty of the Avon nation...the soul of Avon... is delivering both,” said Ms. Goldman. “Hundreds of thousands of Avon insiders - from ‘hipster heaven’ Brooklyn to small towns coast to coast - are making that happen.”
Ms. Goldman’s fellow members of the New Avon LLC Board of Managers include:
- Lori Bush, Chairwoman of the Board, New Avon LLC.
- Miguel Fernandez, Global President, Avon Products, Inc.
- Chan W. Galbato, Chief Executive Officer, Cerberus Operations and Advisory Company, LLC.
- Susan Kropf, Former President and Chief Operating Officer Avon Products, Inc.
- Matt Prevost, Chief Digital Officer, New Avon LLC.
- Michael Sanford, Managing Director and Co-Head North American Private Equity, Cerberus Capital Management
- Len Tessler, Vice Chairman and Senior Managing Director, Cerberus Capital Management
- Scott White, Chief Executive Officer, New Avon LLC.