Time and again, Avon’s five values and guiding principles have served as sources of strength for the company and still do today. Avon’s values date back to its founding in 1886 and grew from BIRTH:
Belief is the cornerstone of empowering Associates to assume responsibilities and be the very best they can be. Believe in someone — and show it — and that person will move mountains to prove you’re right.
Integrity should be the hallmark of every Avon Associate. In setting and observing the highest ethical standards and doing the right thing, we live by a moral code that creates a sense of responsibility, we fulfill a duty of care, not only to our Representatives and customers in the communities we serve, but to our colleagues and ourselves.
Respect helps us to value differences, to appreciate each person for her or his unique qualities. Through respect, we help bring out the full potential of each person.
Trust means we want to live and work in an environment where communications are open — where people feel free to take risks, to share their points of view and to speak the truth as they see it. Trust people to do the right thing — and help them to understand your underlying reasoning and philosophy — and they won’t disappoint.
Humility simply means we’re not always right — we don’t have all the answers — and we know it. We’re no less human than the people who work for us, and we’re not afraid to ask for help.
The Founding Principles that Guide Avon:
• To provide individuals an opportunity to earn in support of their well-being and happiness.
• To serve families with products of the highest quality backed by a guarantee of satisfaction.
• To render a service to customers that is outstanding in its helpfulness and courtesy.
• To give full recognition to employees and Representatives, on whose contributions Avon depends.
• To share with other the rewards of growth and success.
• To meet fully the obligations of corporate citizenship by contributing to the well-being of society and the environment in which it functions.
• To maintain and cherish the friendly spirit of Avon.